Sunday, March 15, 2009

Writing from Germany, Part 2

Hi again to any previous readers,

Thanks to your encouragement, I've decided to try blogging as an accompaniment to my time in Göttingen. It will be interesting to see as I write what strikes me about living abroad. There may be more reflections on the university than on small town life, but it's hard to say in advance.

At this point I can say: I will be leaving my comfortable, lived-in life on Tuesday (day after tomorrow, there, I've said (typed) it) and flying to Hamburg via London and Chicago. After one night in Hamburg, I'll be flying to Tel Aviv, to spend a week with my friends in Jerusalem, with a short excursion to Nazareth and environs. On the 26th I'll fly back to Hamburg, and will take a train and arrive in Göttingen on the 27th of March. I'll be sharing an apartment with Britta, a physical therapist, and her dog Buck, and will be taking seminars at the University of Göttingen. Classes will start April 15, and will end sometime in the middle of July. I'll have a couple of weeks to finish up my papers and will return to the States on Aug 1. Long enough to be "a long time", but for a long time - not really very long.

Hope you have fun reading along, and that we'll see each other soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment